Multi-Agency Training and Workforce Development
Welcome to the Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) multi-agency Learning and Improvement Programme 2020/21
Liverpool LSCP supports a culture of continuous learning and improvement by providing a wide range of opportunities for multi agencies to come together to reflect upon the quality of their safeguarding services and to ‘learn together’ from experiences and to improve services as a result.
The purpose of training for multi-agency working is to help develop and foster the following in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people and their families:
- A shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles, and roles and responsibilities outlined in national guidance and local arrangements for safeguarding children and promoting their welfare;
- More effective and integrated services at both the strategic and individual case level;
- Improved communication between professionals, including a common understanding of key terms, definitions and thresholds for action;
- Effective working relationships, including an ability to work in multi-disciplinary groups or teams; and sound decision-making, based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
- Ensure practitioners have the knowledge and skill to collaborate effectively with others, both within their own agency and across organisational boundaries and disciplines, in order to safeguard the well-being of children; and,
- Ensure practitioners have a sound understanding of the legislative framework and the wider policy context within which they work, as well as a familiarity with local policy and procedures.
Any Practitioner wishing to attend an LSCP courses should create an account on the booking system - click the green button to view and book training. Guidance in using the online booking system can be found here How to register and use the LSCP booking system
NB: We ask that you book no more than four people from your agency onto any single training course, it is important that we maintain the multi-agency audience for our training. (LSCP reserves the right to monitor and withdraw bookings if required, to ensure that the audience remains multi agency).