Working Together to Safeguard the Children and Young People of Liverpool
Section 10 of the Children Act 2004 requires each local authority to make arrangements to promote co-operation between the authority, each of the authority’s relevant partners, and such other persons or bodies who exercise functions or are engaged in activities in relation to children in the local authority’s area, as the authority considers appropriate. The
The Government's Statutory Guidance, Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018) defines safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children's health or development;
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances;
- Undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
Safeguarding children - the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm - is everyone's responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play.
Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership Board (LSCPB):
Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership Board is chaired by Steve Reddy, Director of Children and Young People's Services
Statutory members of LSCP Board are:
- Liverpool City Council (Social Care and Education)
- Merseyside Police
- Liverpool CCG
If you wish to contact us by email, or if you have any queries, comments or compliments, please fill out the form below. To help us get back to you, it´s important you give us your name and either an email address, postal address or contact number.
Please do not use this form to report concerns about a Child, see Reporting Concerns.