ICON Launch is September!
The Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership have been working together to prepare for the ICON Launch that will take place the week commencing 26th September as part of the ICON Awareness Week 2022.
The UK’s first ever ICON week, spanning from 27 September – 1 October 2021, aims to raise awareness of infant crying and how to cope in a bid to support parents/carers and prevent serious injury, illness and even death of young babies a result of these incidents.
Liverpool NHS Cheshire & Merseyside have provided the multi-agency partnership with a training recording to raise awareness of ICON and the support that professionals can offer to parents/carers. This can be accessed by booking via the LSCP Training system: https://liverpoolscp.org.uk/events/event/icon-training
Liverpool's ICON Launch
During the launch professionals will be able to:
- Access a 7 minute briefing to support/develop their knowledge.
- Access the ICON Awareness training
- Participate in national & local webinars
If you would like to join us in promoting the ICON message within your organisation during this awareness week, there are 3 simple ways to do so:
- Participate in our local LSCP activities and training
- Use the official ICON resources/posters within your organisation to raise awareness
- Plan an ICON focussed discussion to influence the changes in your organisation's practice.