LSCP Policy and Procedures Group
LSCP Policy & Procedure Group
To support local safeguarding children arrangements across Liverpool in developing and promoting relevant and consistent policies and procedures (including guidance and protocols) that are focused on improving outcomes for children and families across Merseyside.
- This group will review proposed policies and procedures proposed by the Pan Merseyside Policy and Strategy Group prior to scrutiny by SARG.
- This group will also ensure that policies and procedures are developed where they do not exist or there is an identified need, including guidance and protocols, prior to scrutiny by SARG.
- This group will establish time-limited Task & Finish Groups to progress work, as appropriate, and will co-opt relevant representatives to support the development and review of policies.
- Twice yearly this group will meet to review the multi-agency plan Trix and will review arrange for relevant representatives to review existing policies and procedures to ensure they are relevant and up to date.
- This group will inform the LSCP training plan and will ensure that new or revised policies and procedures are shared with the Workforce Development Group so that training resources are planned/revised accordingly and shared with relevant personnel.
Frequency of Meetings:
With the exception of the twice yearly meetings, (refer to (d) above) this group will not meet at a set frequency. The group will convene when there is:
- A need to review a proposed Pan Merseyside Policy or Procedure
- A need to develop a local policy or procedure
Core Membership: The core membership is outlined below. Other relevant members will be co-opted onto the group as required (Refer to extended membership).
- LCC Children’s Services
- LSCP Safeguarding Manager
- Designated Nurse, Liverpool CCG
- Merseyside Police
- LSCP Training & Workforce Development Coordinator
- LSCP Education Engagement Officer
5. . Extended Membership:
- Care Line
- Early Help
- Community Services