New to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead
This is a one day course designed to support staff in multi-agency settings who are new to the role and responsibilities of a Designated Safeguarding Officer.
PLEASE NOTE: This session is not to be used as an ‘update’ for experienced Designated Safeguarding Leads as it does not provide this detail.
- Understand the role, responsibilities and expectations of a Designated Safeguarding Officer within an agency or organisation.
- Develop an understanding of current legislation and the safeguarding requirements for agencies and organisations.
- Become familiar with the LSCP Levels of Need Framework and Responding to Need Guidance.
- To build confidence in developing safeguarding policies and procedures supporting the safeguarding of all children and young people who come into contact with their organisation / service.
- Have an understanding of 'good practice' when working towards building and maintaining safer organisations.
NB: Please note this training will be delivered in person. Please check the venue details.
The waiting list for each date will not automatically transfer to future dates - new bookings will need to be made per course date.
All cancellations need to be made at least 7 working days prior to the training date. Any late cancellations or DNA's may be charged £50.
|Join Waiting List